Professor M. M. Yaqoob MD FRCP
Muhammad Magdi Yaqoob is a Professor of Nephrology within the Centre for Translational Medicine & Therapeutics at the William Harvey Research Institute (WHRI), Academic Director of Department of Renal Medicine, Transplantation and Diabetic Kidney Centre at Barts Health NHS Trust, UK. Magdi Yaqoob is an internationally recognized expert in nephrology and transplant medicine in areas of cardiovascular diseases of uraemia, diabetic kidney disease, and pharmacogenomics in transplantation, renal anaemia and bone disease, progression of chronic kidney disease and mediators of acute kidney injury. He has published over 350 peer reviewed publications in addition to seven book chapters in medical text books including Clinical Medicine by Kumar & Clark, Oxford Clinical Medicine and Oxford Clinical Nephrology. He has successfully supervised over 25 PhD students and more than 50 overseas fellows from 23 developing countries. Five of his students have gone on to become Professors in their own units.
She is also a business entrepreneur and her mission is to bring drive and encouragement to men and women around the world to make a better, younger and healthier version of themselves through education, self-awareness and access to innovative anti-ageing products and award-winning devices
He is also the Clinical Lead for organ donation at Barts Health NHS trust with the main focus on promoting organ donation among BAME group. He regularly gives talks to mosques, churches and temples with his interest in comparative religion and being multilingual. He has contributed with drafting Brain Stem death documentsin children for Map of Medicine. (Click here). In addition he is an:
- Advisor to Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) in Karachi, Pakistan on ethical aspects of solid organ transplantation. Efforts from SIUT led to the passing of law from Pakistan Parliament declaring paid donation illegal and criminal offence.
- Special Advisor to Royal College of Physician for Pakistan (SPAD) to promote high level training to junior doctors in Pakistan.
- Educational Ambassador of International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and Lead for ISN sponsored Sister renal Centre initiative for Bangladesh and Bart Health NHS partnership.
- Lead Clinician for European Renal Association's adopted Barts Health Renal Unit of excellence, and
- Visiting Professor to Toho University, Tokyo, Japan.
GKF was founded by those who have gone through the traumatic experience of renal diseases and are aware of the effects it can have on not only the patients but also on their loved ones.